Are you planning on taking a trip to Singapore? Not sure if you need to apply for a Singapore tourist visa?
No worry beef curry (Don’t worry in pidgin). Follow these steps and you’ll be cherry (alright).
Singapore is one of the most technologically advanced, easiest to get around, and cleanest cities in Southeast Asia. In fact, not only is Singapore a city that is great for shopping, international cuisine, and a taste of Asian luxury, it is also a country. Singapore is a tiny city/country located at the southernmost tip of the Malaysian Peninsula. Like most countries you need to pass through immigration if you are visiting from another country to get in.
The good news is that if you are visiting Singapore from the United States, and if you have a U.S. passport, you do not need to apply for a tourist visa to enter the country.
Passing Through Immigration
Passing through immigration at the Changi International Airport is a piece of cake if you follow these steps.
- Fill out the immigration form that you received from your flight attendant on your flight. Make sure that each person in your party fills one out. Filling this out on the plane will save you time when you exit the airport.
- Show your completed form and passport to the immigration officer.
- Scan both of your thumbs for fingerprints.
- I was told that this process will expedite your entry into the country the next time you visit. It will allow you to pass through the automated immigration kiosk, which has a shorter line and will make the process even faster.
- Let the officer know where you’ll be staying and answer any other questions they might ask.
- Give the officer a smile and make your way into the country.
- Enjoy your stay.
- Keep Traveling Aloha