How to Pack Like an Elephant (What to Pack for Her)
Ryan bought packing cubes last year, but decided to buy a new waterproof backpack this year, so I am making use of two cubes. Here is what I am packing for our 7 week trip in Southeast Asia during monsoon season:
Shoes and Clothes:
- 1 lightweight rain jacket that folds into its own pocket
- 1 pair linen pants
- 1 linen sweater
- 3 pair stretch pants
- 1 pair capri stretch pants
- 3 lightweight fast drying long sleeve shirts
- 2 lightweight shirts
- 2 lightweight tank tops
- 1 lightweight dressy dress
- 3 Pairs of shoes (all light and crushable): water shoe, mary jane, and boot (which I will wear on the plane).
- Socks stuffed inside of shoes.
- 1 loop scarf (elephant print) for sun protection.
- Underwear and swimsuit
For the environment:
- 1 empty tin with lockdown lid for packing food/leftovers as we go
- 1 tin with regular lid for nuts and snacks
- 1 Hydro flask
- 1 set silverware and reusable chopsticks
- 1 kindle
- 1 earbud
- 1 phone
Accessories and personal care:
- 1 sunglass
- 1 beanie
- 1 pair of gloves
- 1 lightweight backpack for accessibility on the airplane and day trips. Folds into its own pocket.
- 1 small tin with jewelry, tweezers, and clippers.
- 1 gallon bag of toiletries and personal items. 1 quart sized bag with liquids. I use small bottles and bring my own face and body care products because I am particular about my products.
1 reusable face mask for protection on the airplane and bad air quality situations.
How to Pack Like a Monkey (What to Pack for Him)
Like Surina mentioned, I decided to try a new backpack. I decided to go with the Tortuga Outbreaker because it is waterproof, which will come in handy in Southeast Asia during the monsoon season.
- 1 pair of minimalist hiking shoes
- 1 pair of slippahs (If you ever visit Hawaii please call your flip-flops, thongs, or sandals slippahs. It’s what they are called here, so if you want to blend in and keep traveling aloha, say slippahs).
- 2 pairs of hybrid (stretch shorts that you can use for walking or swimming)
- 1 pair of Outdoor Research stretch pants
- 2 T-shirts
- 1 tanktop
- 2 pairs of socks
- 5 pairs of organic cotton boxer-briefs
- 1 lightweight packable rain-jacket by Outdoor Research
- 1 dri fit long sleeve shirt
- 1 dress shirt
- Sony Noise Cancelling Earphones
- Chromebook (For Blogging and watching Netflix)
- Sony NEX Camera
Accessories and Personal Care
- Sonicare electric toothbrush
- 1 toiletry bag filled with man stuff
- Maui Jim Polarized Sunglasses