Fun Facts in Pidgin
- The Supahtree structures stay bombucha (The Supertrees are enormous). Dey stay 25 to 50 meters tall (they range in size from 25 meters to 50 meters tall). For you who stay American (for those of you who are from the United States), and get one hard time trying to figgah out how tall meters stay like me (and have a difficult time converting meters to feet) the Supah-bombuch-trees, dat look like they came from Star Trek, stay 82 to 164 feet tall (they measure between 82 and 164 feet tall).
- Get 18 Supah-bombucha-trees (There are a total of 18 Supertrees). 12 stay in da Supah-Bombucha-tree Forest (12 of them can be found in the Supertree Grove).
- 11 Supahtrees get green functions just like one real tree (11 of the Supertrees are designed with green functions to mimic the workings of a real tree).
- Solah panels collect energy from da sun (photovoltaic cells mimic photosynthesis by collecting energy from the sun).
- Dey collect rainwatah fo watah da plants and fo da fountain shows (they collect rainwater, which is used for irrigation and fountain displays).
- Dey also take in air and stay used as one exhaust fo da greenhouse (The Supertrees also serve air intake and exhaust functions as part of the conservatories’ cooling systems).
- Get ovah 162,000 plants and get moa den 200 different kine planted on the Supahtrees (There are over 162,900 plants comprising of more than 200 species and varieties of bromeliads, orchids, ferns and tropical flowering climbers that are planted on the Supertrees).
- Bring a portable blanket with you when viewing the light show. You’ll be able to lay on the ground, which is the best way to watch the show. You won’t get dirty. Arrive 15 minutes before the show starts to get a good spot.
- If you catch the 7:45 pm show you’ll be able to catch the Spectra water show at the Marina Bay Sands at 9:00 pm. If you are there on a Friday or Saturday you’ll have the option of watching the 8:45 pm show and still be able to catch the Spectra water show because they have an extra performance at 10 pm.
OCBC Skyway Experience
If you’ve read some of our other posts, such as Screaming Like a Girl on the Nevis Swing, you would think that I didn’t mind heights and was an adrenaline junkie. Anyone who knows me knows that I am afraid of heights and that I am pretty cruz (chill). I didn’t think that I would be that afraid of the OCBC Skyway because I have been on adventures that were much higher. But for some reason I turned from a monkey to a chicken when I stepped onto the Skyway platform. We weren’t that high–only 22 meters. I guess the fact that the Skyway was held up by suspension cables and rocked, albeit ever so gently when you walked, wigged me out.
Although, I was feeling a bit nervous because of the height, I enjoyed the experience. The Skyway offered cherry (amazing) views of the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Cloud Forest, Flower Garden, and the Singapore Flyer. Besides, playing in the trees is always fun, especially if you are a silly monkey. Even one that is afraid of heights like me.
Getting to the Supertree Grove is easy on the MRT. Just take the Circle (yellow) or Downtown (blue) line to Bayfront and follow the signs to the Gardens by the Bay.
- S$8 per adult
- S$5 per child
- Included in the annual membership